BidVertiser

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Remebering Nine Planet Names

Remembering which order the planets come in can be difficult, so why not teach your class the following tricks? You could also ask the children to try to make up their own!

(all lists should be read downwards)

Mercury
My
Many
My
Mother
Venus
Very
Very
Vicious
Veronica
Earth
Educated
Elderly
Earthworm
Enjoyed
Mars
Mother
Men
Might
My
Jupiter
Just
Just
Just
Jam
Saturn
Served
Snooze
Swallow
Sandwich
Uranus
Us
Under
Us
Under
Neptune
Nachos / Noodles
Newspapers
Now
Neptune
Contributed by:
Ahmet Kilinc
Rebecca Draper
Joel Schwartz
Annie and Becky

The International Astronomical Union have voted to change the status of Pluto. The lists at the bottom of this page are therefore no longer correct. However, they are still valuable ways of remembering the order of the planets... just remember that Pluto is now classed as a "dwarf planet".


Mercury
Make
My
My
My
My
Venus
Very
Very
Very
Very
Very
Earth
Easy
Educated / Excellent
Eager
Easy
Easy
Mars
Mash
Mother
Mother
Method
Method
Jupiter
Just
Just
Just
Just
Just
Saturn
Squash
Served / Sent
Served / Sent
Speeds
Simply
Uranus
Up
Us
Us
Up
Uses
Neptune
New
Nine
Nine
Naming
Nine
Pluto
Potatoes
Pies
Pizzas
Planets
Planets

Mercury
Mum's / My
My
Mother
Mary
My
Venus
Very
Very
Very
Very
Very
Earth
Early
Energetic
Easily
Easily
Energetic
Mars
Morning
Mate
Made
Makes
Mother
Jupiter
Jam
Just
Jane
Jam
Just
Saturn
Sandwiches
Swam
Stop
So
Swept
Uranus
Usually
Under
Using
You
Up
Neptune
Nauseate
North
Nail
Needn't
Nine
Pluto
People
Pier
Polish
Panic
Pins

Mercury
My
My
My
My
Mrs
Venus
Very
Very
Very
Very
Van
Earth
Evil
Easy
Excited / Educated
Energetic
Eats
Mars
Mother's
Method
Mother
Mother
Mainly
Jupiter
Jokes
Just
Just
Just
Jam
Saturn
Sometimes
Shows
Showed
Spent
Strawberry
Uranus
Upsets
Us
Us
Under
Usually
Neptune
Nervous
Nine
Nine
Nine
Never
Pluto
People
Planets
Planets
Pounds
Plum

Mercury
Many
My
Many
My
My
Venus
Vile
Very
Very
Very
Very
Earth
Earthlings
Expensive
Early
Early
Enormous
Mars
Make
Monkey
Mammals
Marrows
Monster
Jupiter
Jam
Jumps
Journeyed
Just
Just
Saturn
Sandwiches
Softly
South
Suited
Sucked
Uranus
Under
Under
Unto
Uncle
Up
Neptune
Newspaper
Neath
New
Ned
Nine
Pluto
Piles!
Pluto
Pastures
Perfectly
Planets

No comments:

BidVertiser

DASA

DASA